Non-Canadian Volunteers

Volunteers from outside Canada enter Canada on a work permit as a non-immigrant, temporary visitor to perform volunteer work of a charitable nature. Foreign volunteers should not expect to stay in their host country beyond their periods of service. MVSA complies with the Canadian governments' expectations that volunteers will leave the country upon completion of their service assignments. Volunteers may, however, extend their term of service if the local MVSA committee agrees to issue the documents required for the volunteer to make and application to renew their Canadian Work Permit.